Charter Design Institute
Friday & Saturday, February 22-23, 2013
Overview: The Charter Design Institute will provide in-depth training on charter school design for those interested in starting charter schools in Chicago and across the state. Get ready for an intensive two days featuring charter school tours, training and presentations from charter experts and opportunities to dig into the work of charter school design with your design teams and peers.
Friday, February 22, 2013
9:00 am – 8:00 pm
- Guided charter school visits to Rowe Clark Math & Science Academy (a Noble Network High School) and Polaris Charter Academy (an Expeditionary Learning elementary school)
- Presentations by school leaders and students
- Evening dinner reception and networking in Greektown
- Expert presentation on creating a school culture to promote learning
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner and roundtrip transportation by motorcoach included
Saturday, February 23, 2013
9:00 am – 3:30 pm
- Institute sessions focused on Mission and Vision, Charter School Leadership, Forming Your Team, Engaging the Community, Understanding the Authorizing Process, and Charter School Finance
- Opportunities to apply learning within and across charter design teams
- Breakfast and lunch provided
Registration Fee: $250 per attendee; $50 discount for additional attendees from same charter design team.*
- Two-day Design Institute with expert-led sessions
- Visits to two charter schools (including round-trip transportation)
- All meals
- Reimbursement for one night’s lodging for those traveling 50 miles or more within Illinois (optional)
- Reimbursement for transportation (mileage or train) and a second night of lodging for those traveling from 100 miles or more within Illinois (optional)
*Members of the INCS Design Series and Fast Forward cohorts must register on-line; the registration fee for up to 5 members of your team will be waived.
Crowne Plaza Chicago Metro Downtown
733 West Madison Street
Chicago, IL 60661
Rate is $109 plus tax; valet is a reduced rate of $30/24 hours. Reimbursement available as outlined above.
Information on booking your room is provided upon registration for the conference.
Recommended Preparation: Please review Paving a New Path: A Guidebook for Illinois Charter Public School Development available for download (free) or to order a hard copy ($25), please call (312) 629-2063 ext 10.